Mustard Oil Benefits: The winter season is considered very important in terms of health. Therefore, it is important to take special care of your health during the winter season. For this, you have to include such things in your routine which prove beneficial for your health. Mustard oil is one of them, you must have heard about the benefits of mustard oil in winter. Let me tell you that it not only produces warmth in your body but due to its effectiveness and properties, it is used as a medicine in many kinds of problems. So let’s know about these great benefits of mustard oil.
Mustard Oil Benefits
- It is full of nutritious value. Thus, it is very beneficial for cooking food. Moreover, using mustard oil in winters is good for health.
- Mustard oils strengthen the muscles of the body and also improves blood circulation.
- It is also helpful in creating warmth in the body.
- Mustard oil can prove to be extremely beneficial for you even when you are not hungry. If you are suffering from appetite issues, go for mustard oil in food.
- It is also helpful in improving the functioning of the digestive system.
- The use of mustard oil also helps against the risk of coronary heart disease. Therefore must include mustard oil in your food.
- The benefits of mustard oil are associated with the body as well as the skin. Mustard oil is very beneficial for the face. The use of mustard oil can also provide many benefits to the skin.
- Mustard oil also protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. After applying the oil to the skin, massage it for a while. After applying the oil on the skin, a thick layer is formed which does not allow the harmful rays of the sun to come on the skin.
- Rubbing salt in mustard oil provides relief in tooth discomfort, as well as teeth, become stronger than before.
- Mustard Oil can be a good massager oil. It removes the body’s weakness by enhancing the capacity of the body to work. Also, you can keep your skin and body fit and healthy by massaging from this oil.
- Massage of mustard oil also cures joint pain and arthritis. Mustard oil is the panacea for hotness on cold days. Also, dry skin becomes soft and smooth with a massage of mild hot oil.
- It contains Vitamin E that protects your skin from pulsation and ultraviolet rays. it removes wrinkles from your face.
Mustard Oil Facts & Details
Mustard oil is prepared from black, brown, or white seeds of mustard. It is used extensively in North and East India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Nepal. However, due to its properties, mustard oil has become very popular now, so chefs are now using it in cooking. With the mustard oil, the baby is also massaged. Mustard oil is also beneficial for hair, face, and body.
Facts about Mustard Oil:
Botanical Name: Brassica Jansia
Common Name: Mustard Oil
Sanskrit Name: Sarsap Oil
Useful parts: Mustard oil is prepared from mustard seeds.
Geographical Details: Mustard oil is used for cooking in eastern and north India, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
Interesting Fact: Mustard oil is used at various festivals and occasions. Mustard oil is given traditional and cultural importance in India.
Sarso ke tel ki taseer
Mustard oil is heated so it is used to relieve cold and cold. Due to its hot effect, it can also be used for massaging. Excess use of mustard oil in the summer season may also have some harmful effects on its body.
Use of mustard oil
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- It also helps in curing heart diseases.
- Mustard oil is also used to avoid colds.
- It is used to reduce joint pain or swelling.
- Sun tanning is removed by applying mustard oil on the face.
- Mustard oil is used in vegetable making in almost every household.
Disadvantages of mustard oil
- Mustard oil contains 60% monounsaturated fatty acids with 42% erucic acid and 12% oleic acid, which is highly toxic in nature. Due to such a high amount of erucic acid in mustard oil, it can pose a risk to our health. Consuming high doses of mustard oil can present many health risks such as heart, respiratory, diarrhea, anemia, etc.
- With a high percentage of erucic acid, excess consumption of Mustard oil can cause risk to the heart also. It severely damages the heart muscle and sometimes it causes a heart attack.
- Nutritional studies indicate that regular intake of large amounts of mustard oil rich in erucic acid causes a sudden and large drop in blood platelets. Which increases the risk of anemia.
- Pregnant women should avoid excessive consumption of mustard oil, as it contains some chemical compounds that can be harmful to the growing fetus, increasing the risk of miscarriage.
- People who are allergic to mustard oil, do not take it; consuming it may cause allergic reactions like redness, itching, dry skin.
- Excessive intake of mustard oil can cause rhinitis in which there is inflammation in the membrane of the sputum. Coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose, watery nose, etc. are its symptoms.
- Long-term use of mustard oil can affect the skin in many ways. It can cause minor to large blisters on the skin. This is why modern medical science forbids the use of mustard oil for massaging infants and children.
Founder, Upgrading India