The purity of Gold: Whenever there is talk of buying gold ornaments, people first ask for the price of gold, then they know about the making charge on the gold jewelry. It is often seen that people buy more gold jewelry during the wedding festival season. During this time, gold prices are also high, and making charges are also high according to their design.
In such a situation, there is another way to buy gold at a cheaper price. Generally, people make 22 carat gold ornaments, but if they buy the same ornaments in 18 carats then the price will vary. What is the difference between 22 carat gold ornaments and 18-carat gold ornaments? We will tell you further as well as to tell you why 24-carat gold ornaments are very little made or not made.
24 Carat gold jewellery
When we talk about 24 carat gold, it simply means that we are talking about pure gold. The amount of gold in 24 carat gold is 99.9 percent. Also, the scale of purity of gold is considered to be 24 carats because the amount of pure gold in it is 99.9%. Moreover, the hallmark of pure gold is that it is very flexible. Gold is a metal that can also be made known from paper. In many temples and places, goldwork is used as decoration. At the same time, it’s not easy to make jewelry out of 24 carat gold.
Identification of Pure Gold
Pure gold is having less strength and thus it has more flexibility. Due to this, pure gold jewelry can be twisted very easily. This deteriorates the size of the jewelery and is not wearable again. Most people in India wear gold ornaments, earrings, rings, and neck chains are the most worn. People also wear these ornaments continuously, while if these ornaments are made of 24-carat gold, then they will turn very soon.
22 Carat Gold Jewellery
22 carat gold is most suitable for jewelry. A 22 carat gold is less than 24 carat gold in terms of purity, where 99.9 percent of gold content is contained in 24 carats whereas only 91.6 percent gold content is available in 22 carats. The rest are metals such as copper and zinc which are added to it.
18 Carat Gold Jewellery
When it comes to buying gold in the budget, gold prices are first checked. 18-carat gold contains 75 percent gold and the remaining 25 percent is metals like silver, zinc, nickel, and copper. Generally, such gold jewelry in which other stones like pearl or diamond (diamond) are attached is of 18 carat gold. 18 carat gold is stronger than 24 carat and 22 carat gold due to which the stone in it remains in its place.
Gold brings strength due to metal
Because of these metals, gold is stronger than 24 carats. 22 carat gold is mostly used to make jewelry. All the bullion markets of the country make gold ornaments in 22 carats. The price of 22 carat gold is reduced by 1 to 2 thousand rupees for 24 carat gold.
Can buy 18 Carat Gold
There is one more thing to note here, the price of 18 carat gold is less than the price of 22 carat gold, due to which you can buy gold jewelry for less money. Suppose now the price of 24 carat gold is around 30 thousand rupees and the price of 22 carat gold is around 27-28 thousand rupees, while the price of 18 carat gold will be between 21-23 thousand rupees.
Before purchasing a gold jewel, look at the weight of the jewelry.
Make sure to ask the shop keeper about the price of gold along with making charge and VAT etc.
You can negotiate the price of gold, nowadays many jewelry shops also offer many types of offers on buying gold.
Purity of Gold According to Carat
24 carat = 100% pure gold (99.9%)
22 carat = 91.7% gold
18 carat = 75.0% gold
14 carat = 58.3% gold
12 carat = 50.0% gold
10 carat = 41.7% gold
How To check the purity of Gold at home
Although, the question arises to check the purity of gold. As the demand for gold is increasing in India, adulteration in gold issues is also rising. So, it’s essential that we must know about the ways to check the purity of gold at home.
Gold of 24 karats is considered pure gold. However, it cannot be used in making jewelry. As pure gold is very soft, so you cant use it in making your jewelry. Mostly a 22 karat gold is used for making jewelry. It is gold in adulterated form. Also, gold of 18 and 20 karate are available in the market.
Take a plain white ceramic plate. Rub your gold on the plate. If your ornament or gold gives black lines, then it’s not pure. As the pure gold will give light golden lines.
Gold is that metal which is not attracted by a magnet. So, if your gold is getting attracted by a magnet, it’s not pure.
Keep your gold inside the water. If it sinks in the water, then it’s pure otherwise not.
Test by Teeth
Try to keep your gold between your teeth. If it gets marks of your teeth on gold it is real. As we know that gold is usually a soft metal. Also, don’t try to pressurize your gold more and more, as it can break.
Founder, Upgrading India