The planet Saturn or Shani Grah (in Hindi) is the 6th Planet from the Sun in our Solar system. Also, it is the second-largest planet after Jupiter in the Solar System. This planet can be visible from the naked eyes also. Also, in this article, we are going to tell you some of the interesting facts about Saturn planet. Moreover, this can help you in understanding this mysterious planet more and more. So, find some points related to Saturn Planet.
Point-wise Interesting facts about Saturn (Shani)
1. Saturn is the second-largest planet of our solar system after Jupiter.
2. The rotation direction of Saturn is similar to the Earth. It rotates from west to east.
3. Saturn is one of the most attractive planets of our solar system due to its ring-like structure.
4. Also, Saturn consist of seven beautiful and attractive rings around the planet that can be easily identified with the help of the telescope.
5. With a huge diameter, Saturn can fit around 750 Earth inside the planet.
6. Wind speed on Saturn is five-times faster than that on Earth. Also, the wind speed recorded on Saturn is around 1800 km per hour.
7. The velocity of Saturn planet is considered to be around 9.64 km per second as compared to 30 km per second of Earth.
8. You will be shocked to know that the atmospheric pressure of Saturn is 100 times greater than that of Earth.
9. The distance between Sun and Saturn is 9.5 AU or 886 Milion miles (1.4 Billion km)
10. According to the Roman theories, Saturn was named after Jupiter, the father of God.
11. One of the brightest and attractive planet, Saturn can be the view from the naked eyes.
12. The atmosphere of Saturn is made up of 4% Helium and 96% Hydrogen. Apart from it, the planet also contains Phosphine, Methane, Acetylene, and Ammonia.
13. Also, the surface of Saturn is considered to be the flattest among all planet of our solar system.
14. Moreover, the wind speed of Saturn is maximum out of all planest of our Solar System.
15. Days on Saturn are small as compared to Earth. However, the year is quite longer than that of Earth.
16. It takes around 29.4 Earth year for Saturn to complete one round of Sun.
17. The gravitation force of Saturn is very powerful and it is around 578 times powerful than Earth’s gravitational force.
18. The moon of Saturn, Titan is the second-largest moon of the solar system. It is greater than Mercury’s planet.
19. Although, Assyrian in around 700 BC recorded the name of Saturn as “Satr of Ninib” or the shining object of night.
20. The temperature of Saturn is around -178 degrees Celsius.
21. The weather of Saturn does not depend on the Sun but it changes weather by its own heat.
22. Saturn is having the lowest density so that it can float over the pool of water.
23. Ring of Saturn consist of Particles that can be as big as Mountains or as short as dust particles.
24. In 1610, Galileo Galilei concluded that Saturn is a triangular planet. But later it was discovered that due to its rings, Saturn appears to be triangular. But in actual it is round in shape.
25. The tilt axis of Saturn is around 26.7 degree and its diameter is 120660 kilometers.
26. The area of Saturn is around 42, 612, 133, 285 square kilometers. Moreover, its density is 0.687
27. The mass of Saturn is 568,319,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Kg. Moreover, the volume is 827,129,915,150,897 cubic kilometers.
28. The natural satellite of Saturn is around 150, out of which only 62 are approved.
29. Also, the moon of Saturn, Titan consist of Methane lakes and frozen Nitrogen surface all around.
30. According to NASA, Titan may contain Aliens.
Founder, Upgrading India